domenica 1 febbraio 2015

The Red Loft Bindery



Keep a notebook. Travel with it, eat with it, sleep with it. Slap into it every stray of thought that flutters up into your brain. Cheap paper is less perishable than grey matter, and lead pencil markings endure longer than memory.

Jack London



"The Red Loft Bindery" is the online shop created by Lauren, the girl (or lady, but it didn't sound good) that is staying with me and my brother these couple of weeks. We can talk with her pretty much about anything, and I like to have conversations with her about art, culture, literature or philosophy, because her point of view is always so interesting and so similar to mine. In fact, it was talking that I found out she likes crafts, like me, and she makes these beautiful journals out of old, forgotten books. She showed them to me and of course I had to take pictures of them, so I decided to take photographs to put on her Etsy shop. So here we are! And I think the pictures came out pretty well. There are also some that I didn't post here, so you can check those out on Etsy or on the shop's Facebook page, when she'll post them. She didn't expect me to take pictures of her too, but she was working on them and I really enjoyed watching her. I must say I am so happy she came here.

"The Red Loft Bindery" è il negozio online creato da Lauren, la ragazza che in queste settimane sta a casa nostra, per "badare" a me e mio fratello. Con lei parliamo più o meno di tutto, e a me piace avere conversazioni su arte, cultura, letteratura o filosofia, perché i suoi punti di vista sono interessanti e così simili ai miei. E' stato proprio chiacchierando che ho scoperto la sua passione per la lavorazione della carta, altro elemento in comune fra noi due, e che le piace creare diari prendendo le copertine di libri vecchi o dimenticati. Me li ha mostrati, quindi non potevo non fotografarli. Quindi eccoci qui! Le foto sono venute abbastanza bene, e le userà per il suo Etsy shop. Non le ho pubblicate tutte, per le altre ho lasciato a lei l'esclusiva quindi potete andarle a vedere su Etsy o sulla pagina Facebook del negozio, appena le pubblicherà. Non si aspettava che facessi foto anche a lei, ma ha cominciato a lavorare e dovevo provare, no? Devo dire che sono proprio felice che sia venuta.



"Secret Garden"


"Golden Verses"


"Sage on the Stage"



Nessun commento: